This feature is no longer there. We might reconsider making this version at a much higher price if enough users ask for it.
I want to send a WhizFolder file to my friend. How can she view my notes without WhizFolders?
Ask her to use the freeware WhizFolder Viewer available from the downloads section to view the notes. If you want her to be able to add to or update the notes, give her an exported RTF file that she can view and edit in Word or Wordpad. Ask her to mark her modifications so that you can find and import her text by copy paste into your original WhizFolder file.
A direct web publishing is not possible. But you can combine multiple topics to create a single web page (html file) with working links between topics and to the other web sites. Then you can transfer this web page to a web site manually by using a publishing or ftp program. Exporting to multiple pages is not possible yet.
To see the details on how to export to HTML, please look up Help Index of WhizFolders on “Exporting to HTML.” Note that there are certain limitations of this export as mentioned later.
Steps to Export the Topics to a web page or HTML File:
- Select one or more Topics from the Whizfolder document
- Click on the menu “Tools–Export selected topics–To HTML File.”
- A screen comes up asking for the Title of the web page.
- Type a name for the web page and select “Also put jumped topics in the HTML file” check box.
- Click on OK. A dialog comes up to save to an HTML file.
- Select a file name and the web page is exported and WhizFolders also gives an option to bring up the browser to test the web page.
- When you have tested the page, you can use a file transfer (FTP) program to copy it to your web site.
- Pictures can not be exported to the HTML File. But you can insert html tags to do that. This is explained in the help file and in the article “Inserting custom HTML tags.”
- Formatting of the text might change as all the RTF options are not possible in HTML.
- If the check box “Also put jumped topics in the HTML file” is not selected, the links to unexported topics won’t work (i.e. they won’t show the target topic when clicked)
- To get a hierarchial list of topic name links at the top of the web page, select that option and make sure that you have selected a complete hierarchy of topics in the topic list.