I’m happy to announce a new release 188.8.131.52 of WhizFolders. The paid users can get it from the self-support web site. The trial version has not been updated yet.
Here are the major improvements:
- New feature, Auto Text: Auto Text will save your typing time for often used words, phrases and even whole text blocks. All you need to do is make up a WhizFolder document containing your Auto Text mnemonics and their expanded text or text snippets. Then set this document as an Auto Text reference list. It can’t get easier than that, thanks to WhizFolders two-pane document design. For more details, please see the article Save on typing with the Auto Text feature.
- In-place editor in View Outline: The View Outline feature in the Deluxe edition now allows editing in place for the contents of the topics. You just need to click a second time on any text to start a mini editor there. View Outline is also able to display check boxes now if the original document has check boxes switched on.
- Pro Edition gets Keywords feature! The keywords feature is now available in the Pro Edition too. Earlier it was only available in the Deluxe edition.
- Search now includes keywords too: Earlier when you used the Search pane on the right, it didn’t search through the keywords. You had to refer to Keywords Index separately. Now Search hits also display a line indicating whether the search text was found in Keywords assigned to a topic.
- Advanced feature, specify Program in JumpFile link: Now you can specify a program to open the target document in a JumpFile statement. This feature will allow you to open a document with a specific program instead of the default set up in Windows. For example, you can open a web site in FireFox even if Internet explorer is your default browser. This needs knowledge of the internal format of the Jump links. For more details, please see the new version’s Help Index on “Program to use for JumpFile.”
In addition, we have made some bug fixes and implemented diagnostic code for difficult problems. For full details, please see the article on Version 184.108.40.206.